Friday, February 4, 2011

Think parachute, do it for your family

Being an adventurous person who still really enjoys his slice of (sanity) freedom from time to time my wife understands that thrill seeking is a big part of my personality. I scuba dive, ride motorcycles on and off road as well as partake in the occasional parachute jump. Learning to fly was a childhood dream of mine that I couldn't come close to realizing until I gained the financial means to make it possible.
Despite all these adrenaline sports I have a very serious attitude about safety, including strict personal minimums, I'm always well prepared for my flights and have been known to take my sweet time about getting my next certification, opting to be really ready enough to exercise the new privileges not just pass the check ride. If it's been more than 30 days since I've flown I always take an instructor, I hate the feeling of being rusty or being "behind the plane" (:- the aircraft has arrived at a point in time/space before you are fully prepared for the next step).

So with the advent of another addition to my growing family I decided to opt for "the plane with the shoot". If the technology exists why not utilize it. Same can be said of the cuffed wing, or the traffic awareness or terrain avoidance, redundant navigation systems etc, etc, all confidence inspiring modern design features that make cirrus the natural choice for the safety conscious thrill seeker.
-DP
230hr Instrument pilot.

No comments:

Post a Comment